Register your interest for January 2018.
The programme is for teachers who wish to teach Mathematics in order to:
- improve outcomes and progression rates
- improve subject knowledge
- positively influence other colleagues teaching
Suitable for primary and secondary phase colleagues.
- Literacy in mathematics
- Problem Solving
- Fluency in Mathematics
- Concrete, pictorial, abstract
- Loveliness of Algebra
- Building confidence – teachers and students
TSST comprises of two full day and seven afternoon sessions delivered by experienced and successful practitioners with significant experience in the classroom. Also included within the sessions are gap tasks, peer support and planning time, opportunities to learn from other practising teachers and lesson observations of subject specialists. In addition there is on line support and e-learning through Plymouth University and national support network through NCTEM and NCTL.
Suitable for secondary phase colleagues.
The school-led teacher subject specialism training is delivered free of cost to participants. Its provided to improve the mathematics subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers. This includes:
- non-specialist teachers who could teach mathematics in addition to their main subject
- teachers who want to retrain as mathematics teachers
- teachers wishing to return to the profession
Taken from Gov.uk