Register your interest for January 2019
The programme is for teachers who wish to teach Physics in order to:
- improve outcomes and progression rates
- improve subject knowledge
- positively influence other colleagues’ teaching
Suitable for secondary phase colleagues only.
Participants will be required to complete a subject audit prior to the launch day where outcomes will be used to design bespoke provision as well as to identify the needs of the whole group.
The programme will include lesson observations, practical demonstrations in each workshop, focus on themes such as:
Participants will work as pairs or trios to encourage reflection and a coaching approach to learning.
TSST Physics comprises of a full day’s launch, half termly workshops and a final half day session to bring together participants’ learning with senior leaders.
The school-led teacher subject specialism training is delivered free of cost to participants. It’s provided to improve the physics subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers. This includes:
- non-specialist teachers who could teach physics in addition to their main subject
- teachers who want to retrain as physics teachers
- teachers wishing to return to the profession
Taken from Gov.uk